Frequently Asked Questions
Fire Department FAQ
- If I have a non-emergency question who can I call?
You can call our business line (586)-752-2520
- Do we offer CPR/First aid classes? Yes, you can call 586-752-2520 ext. 0, or email email@example.com
- Can I burn trash or brush? You are not allowed to burn trash or rubbish in the Village of Romeo or Bruce Township. Brush can be burned once you apply for a burn permit. (Click here) for application. Village of Romeo residents are ONLY allowed to burn April/ may and October/November. Bruce Township Residents can burn brush year-round.
- How often should I check my smoke detector? Smoke alarms should be tested monthly by pressing the “test” button. Batteries should be changed twice a year. A good way to remember is to change your smoke alarm batteries when you change your clocks for daylight savings time. Smoke detectors should be replaced every 10 years.
- Can I get a home fire inspection? Yes, the Fire Department provides inspections for fire safety and evacuation plans free of cost. Call the Fire Administration office at (586)752-2520, ext. 0 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Does the Fire Department install car seats? Yes – the Department offers car seat inspections and installations free of charge. Call the Fire Administration office at (586) 752-2520, ext. 0, to schedule
- Does the Fire Department provide free smoke detectors? The department has a limited amount of smoke alarms that are available for residents who may not have the resources or the means to make sure working smoke alarms are in their homes. If you can afford a smoke alarm but have a question or concern regarding installation of your own smoke alarm or different types of smoke alarms, please contact the fire inspector’s office at (586) 752-2520, ext. 3. Or email email@example.com. Our firefighters will come install them in your home as needed and can assist you with replacing batteries if you are unable to reach them. Please purchase the batteries before they come out to replace them. Call the Fire Administration office at (586)752-2520, ext. 0 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Does the Fire Department give tours of the stations? Yes, the firefighters are happy to give tours when available. Call the Fire Administration office at (586)752-2520, ext. 0 or email email@example.com to schedule a tour.